SALT kitchen and bathrooms undertook our kitchen renovation in July/August 2016.
We chose them to do the job as we were impressed with the quality of the displays and the time devoted by Heath and Michelle to get it right for us from the outset.
Our intuition proved to be well founded; the materials were of the best quality and the cabinet installer, Josh and his offsider were polite, hardworking and conscientious. Other trades also went out their way to mesh with our own arrangements such as the renovation of the original wooden floor, and ensure that things went smoothly.
As with any such project there are always some issues, but it is how those issues are resolved that is that separate the chaff from the wheat. SALT stepped up to the plate admirably handling and correcting the problems with little fuss and no delay.
We were very pleased with SALT and the completed kitchen, but we had yet to see the best of what this company will do to keep their client happy.
Unfortunately for us we returned from a holiday shortly after the kitchen was finished to find an unrelated water leak had caused significant damage to the new kitchen.
The damage was insured and we asked SALT to undertake the repairs. They took on the job with all the care of it being a new project. At one point we had seven tradesmen in the kitchen to ensure that no further damage was caused while replacing what was required.
It was clear that SALT pulled out all the stops and took every care possible. The fact they completed the repairs which put the kitchen back to new with no visible indication that anything had happened is once again testimony to their tradesman’s experience and pride of workmanship.
As a society we are quick to complain when things go wrong, and so we perhaps should, but we should also applaud those who do the right thing and go about their business with a professional air and grace that is sometimes lacking these days.
We would recommend that everyone has SALT in their kitchen, without a doubt.
A summary of Engagement of Salt for Renovation of our Kitchen.
Initially our requirement was for a complete renovation of cupboards and appliances originally installed in our kitchen when our house was built in 1985.
We were advised of Salt by our friends who had in recent times engaged Salt to attend to kitchen or bathroom renovations. The comments received, followed by an inspection of a renovated kitchen, led us to contact and enter into discussion with Salt.
From our initial call to Salt in mid-April to handover in mid-August 2016 we experienced the following;
- Relaxed and unpressured discussion at our house, for Salt to hear our requirements, followed by the process of receiving their proposals with ample time for us to assess same and where necessary to request minor changes to suit our particular needs.
- In the early stage relaxed visits to their elaborate showrooms where we could site various options of pantrys, drawers, cupboards and associated mechanisms along with a wide range of samples, colours, finishes and styles. During such visits most informative consultation with dedicated Staff to eventually finalise our selections.
- Our kitchen-family unit consisted of varying wall finishes such as plastered walls and exposed brickwork, concrete and timber beam supported ceilings all of the 1980’s era. The service provided was extended to include new ceilings with improved lighting and a novel mix of plastered walls and exposed brickwork.
- We were required to purchase all appliances and arrange delivery to Salt workshops. In this way we had freedom of choice in selection of Brand and type of appliance to suit our needs and at our cost advantage.
- On completion of design Salt provided a dedicated Supervisor along with a detailed day by day program for the site works. The Supervisor maintained daily contact and forewarned us of which Trade would attend, the time of attendance and expected duration for the item of work to be carried out.
- The team of specialised Tradesmen were most caring in attending to their part of the works, courteous, most particular with construction methods and always maintained a clean working area.
- At handover we gained a well designed and built practical kitchen layout of pleasant decor, along with new ceilings with efficient lighting and a unique blend between new plastered areas and original exposed brickwork.
In conclusion we can confirm that the endorsement we received from our Friends was “spot on”. Our only regret being that we had not proceeded at an earlier time.
My wife and I are extremely happy with our new Kitchen and Sunroom renovation undertaken by SALT Kitchens and Bathrooms.
All aspects from concept, design/layout and the actual renovation itself were conducted in a highly professional manner. What impressed us most was the day to day communication we received including the close oversight provided of the various trade activities which ensured that our kitchen and sunroom renovations were delivered to the highest quality standard.
We had previously personally undertaken the contractual management renovation of our bathroom and laundry which unfortunately resulted in a less than satisfactory outcome. Having learnt from this experience we engaged SALT Kitchens and Bathrooms to relieve us of all the renovation headaches in delivering our new Kitchen and Sunroom.
The quality of service and workmanship provided was outstanding and we would have no hesitation of recommending SALT Kitchens and Bathrooms to anyone who desires a renovation that is hassle free and which you and your family will undoubtedly be absolutely delighted with.
Congratulations to all the Team at Salt on providing us with a Kitchen and Sunroom that we are so very proud of.
We are very happy with the completed bathroom and the performance of Salt in completing the work. From our first meetings with Heath and Sue in the office we had a very smooth and professional experienced team dealing with our requirements.
Every tradesperson that came through was highly skilled and easy to deal with.
The work was performed extremely well and we have a beautiful result.
Thanks to all you tradespeople and to Mark especially for his very skilful coordination of the work. It made for a very smooth and painless experience.
Thanks again for the work and we are happy to recommend Salt
Were recommended SALT by some friends who had used them before. Would have no problem recommending them to others and in fact we have already done so.
Guys working on site were very respectful. Always cleaned up after themselves. Very professional. Cannot fault them.
We were kept informed all the way through, it was a thrill to come home every day to see the changes.
Love the finished result. Especially the Stone bench tops. The waterfall effect is stunning. Cannot thank the Stone Masons enough and Michelle for the idea. Also the bricklayer.
Still cannot believe its done.
Thank you all (Heath, Mark, Michelle and Grant and his crew)
Cnr Panama Street & Nicholson Road,
Canning Vale Western Australia
08 6500 8453